Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ok, it's offical.

R.'s name was officially changed on Monday. Yay! M. was put on his birth certificate as the father and we just added his last name on the end of his name. I decided I wanted to keep B. in his name because of the reference to my mom and the story of him. So, he has two middles names, basically. His name is now R. H. B. S.

So, M. goes over to the Social Security office to change his name there too. I cannot believe how STUPID they are...really. They refused to simply take his NEW and OFFICIAL birth certificate to change his last name. They told me I had to get a letter from his doctor stating that this is really him and he really is alive and mine. What the hell?! Seriously?! WHY oh WHY would they require more than his own birth certificate?? It has the lists of amendments on it with the dates and everything! I may not be the brightest person in the world, but I'm thinking there are some doctors out there that would fake the letter for someone...am I right?! It's a whole heck of a lot more difficult to get an officially sealed fake birth certificate from the Health Department!!

M. looked at them like they were crazy and I just am dumbfounded!

No comments: