Ok, so M. has a pretty famous comedian friend of his. His wife was due right before Christmas and M. talked to him about my photography site and one thing led to another...they asked me if I would come and do some newborn shots for them. Woot!! But wait...a wee bit (ok, a LOT) nervous. LOL
So, last night his wife emails me and says she'd like some of the other three children and some with her. Ah, ok...more time, but sure. Two boys, a girl and the newborn...and the girl had an attitude on her that was larger than TEXAS. Boy, she was a toughy. I first thought I got maybe a few good ones, but I would have to proof them to know for sure. I mean, I took an almost 2 year complete hiatus from photography. This was like my push back off the diving board!
I was so excited to see some really good shots! I, of course, LOVE most the newborn's pictures, but I think I got at least a couple each of the other three kiddos. Mom was beautiful and that always makes for great shots. I even talked dad into holding him for a quick second before he ran out the door. I'm so glad because I got the most precious shot of dad and baby looking right at each other. Even M. thought that picture was heart-warming.
The one thing I really don't like is when they ask me what camera I use and what editing software I use. I know the tendency is to think that hey, if I get that exact camera, I can get pictures that good too! I wish it were that easy. LOL Maybe if they knew exactly what goes into make one picture: finding the light, set ISO, set ap., set shutter speed, and then composition...for every shot taken...then editing every shot in photoshop, then they might see how it's a very time-consuming art form. I hope I can get a few people I come across to realize this. She did give me a compliment when I showed her one on my lcd...she said she couldn't believe the clarity! :D
I haven't shown them to mom yet. I am kind of waiting to hear some other people's opinions and cc. All M. tells me is that they're all really good....blah blah blah...he loves me, loves everything I do...sort of thing. LOL
So if you are interested in telling me what you think, email me and I'll send you the link and the password. I feel like a nervous nellie. :P
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ooh... I'd love to see pics. Yours are always awesome!
ME! And I'm sure they are awesome! :o)
They are gorgeous! And I think the little girl's personality came through and you still got some beautiful shots!
Post a Comment